Thursday, August 14, 2014

Begin Again



So, yesterday, I ate whatever my brain wanted.  Someone is being mean to me and I let that hurt my little princess feelings and I was already flattened by the suicide of Robin Williams and the stories of war and famine and disease and I had an emotional response and just ate whatever I wanted.  I even ate a piece of cornbread that wasn't vegan, knowing that I was making myself sick.

Today, I feel TERRIBLE.  Terrible.  Like I've been in a car wreck.  My joints are inflamed and tender and I'm really stiff. I, yoga practitioner and instructor, can barely touch my toes right now. (It doesn't help that I dropped the blender on my toe and may have broken it. Injury to insult.)

So, here's the thing: you fall off the horse, you get back on the horse.

Today, I'm getting back on the horse.

Because this particular horse gets me where I want to go.

Everyone has to find and define his or her own horse. That's your life's work right there: finding  the horse that gets you where you want to go. In my case, I want to find my way to radiant health. I think my vehicle to get there is diet and yoga and meditation and mindfulness. I'm dedicating the next six months (the ramp up until I turn 50) to remaking myself cell by cell until I get to optimal health.

I'd also like to gather stories of others who are doing the same, or who have already found their particular horses.  If you have an inspirational story to share and might agree to being interviewed for my next book (a compilation of stories like these, plus resources, research and my own story of moving through chronic pain to optimal health,) I would love to hear from you.  Shoot me an email at barb.cooper@gmail.com)

Namaste.  Thanks for riding along,
Barb


3 comments:

Luna said...

So good and true. I needed to hear this today. I've been trying to do Raw Food for 30 days and well, I've maybe gotten 3 consecutive days down a couple of times. I'll just keep on trying.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I too have the big 50 looming closer than I would like. I've fallen so far off the healthy eating wagon I have no idea where the wagon is anymore. So...this is great for me. I l LOVE the idea of Radiant Health! Thanks for starting this. I'll certainly be checking in.

Michelle said...

I love how real and honest you are, Barb! Thanks for the
inspiration and of course all the training and
encouragement, and for being my friend. You already
know my stories, and you may interview us any time!